Medical billing involves a healthcare provider submitting, following up on, and appealing claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for services rendered; such as testing, treatments, and procedures. Essentially, medical billing is the process of submitting and following up on claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for services rendered by a healthcare provider. Medical billing translates a healthcare service into a billing claim. The responsibility of the medical biller in a healthcare facility is to follow the claim to ensure the practice receives reimbursement for the work the providers perform. A knowledgeable biller can optimize revenue performance for the practice.
Medical billing and coding specialists are largely responsible for making sure medical office revenue cycles run smoothly. When a service is performed, a medical coder assigns codes to the services rendered. The diagnoses and procedure codes are taken from medical record documentation, such as transcription of physician’s notes, laboratory
Although a medical biller’s duties vary with the size of the work facility, the biller typically assembles all data concerning the bill. This can include charge entry, claims transmission, payment posting, insurance follow-up, and patient follow-up.
Medical billers regularly communicate with physicians and other healthcare professionals to clarify diagnoses or to obtain additional information. The medical biller must understand how to read the medical record and, like the medical coder, be familiar with CPT, HCPCS Level II and ICD-10-CM codes.
Why outsource Medical Billing??
- The medical and healthcare industry is constantly changing. Doctors and medical professionals can use outsourced medical billing services in a bid to keep abreast of the latest rules and regulations. Outsourcing billing services enable physicians to focus on patient care and adhere to high standards of medical diagnosis and interventions.
- Physicians who outsource medical billing operations gain distinct benefits in terms of the vast knowledge base that is at the disposal of the medical billing Company. The act of outsourcing also allows doctors and healthcare professionals to manage fewer staff members. This boosts the business bottom line of their medical practice. In addition, medical billing outsourcing enables doctors to network with other members of the medical fraternity.
- Physicians who outsource their billing services can gain timely reimbursements. The Medical billing company will provide an accurate picture of dues realized at regular intervals. This fact helps physicians gain a snapshot of their earnings in real time. Such information helps Physicians to boost their regular income from a steady increase in their revenue numbers.
- Doctors who chose to outsource their billing risk fewer interruptions in cash flows. This stems from the fact that
the MedicalBilling companies offersthe services of specialists to every client. These specialists remain aware of the latest updates and regulations that attend the medical billing industry. This professional approach helps the Physicians to realize payments from both Insurance and patients far quicker than from doing it in-house within a typical doctor’s office.
- Medical billing companies help Physicians to reduce billing errors, improve patient satisfaction, enhance revenue and ensure compliance with billing regulations. These important aspects animate the medical services industry. Hence, it is always beneficial that every Physician must
consider outsourcingtheir services to a professional Medical Billing Company.
Viaante provides a wide range of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) services to large-mid-sized medical billing companies, Physician groups, Radiology groups, and Medical center. We leverage people, processes, and technology to provide operational and financial solutions to our clients. Our goal is to help you maximize reimbursement while reducing the overall cost of RCM. Our services include Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Charge Capture, Payment Posting, and Accounts Receivable Follow-Up. These can be provided on a standalone basis or under our complete RCM offering. We have experience and expertise in the medical billing and coding procedures which enables us to deliver high quality and accurate results on time. Our experienced team of AAPC, CPC, and CPC-H certified coders, with expertise in CPT, ICD 10-10, HCPCS Level 3 and DRG codes. We specialize in Internal Medicine, Radiology, E&M, Inpatient Hospital Coding, ER Hospital Coding. For more information about us, log on to www.viaante.com